“With Visual OFAC we now have a solid audit trail that can be emailed. I’ve recommended the solution to other shippers and forwarders.”
DIRECTOR OF REGULATORY COMPLIANCE, LOGISTICS, FREEPORT, NY
OFAC-Related Ukraine/Russia Sanctions Summary
OFAC’s Ukraine-Related Sanctions program does not prohibit all trade with Ukraine institutions, rather only certain entities involved in the Ukraine crisis, particularly those complicit in Russia’s annexation of Crimea.
The sanctions target any individual or entity responsible for undermining democratic processes or institutions in Ukraine, or that threaten the peace, security, stability, sovereignty, or territorial integrity of Ukraine. The sanctions focus on persons or entities who are involved in the misappropriation of state assets of Ukraine or have asserted governmental authority over any part or region of Ukraine without the authorization of the Government of Ukraine. Also targeted are Russian Federation government officials, individuals or entities that operate in the arms or materiel sector in the Russian Federation, any entity that is owned or controlled by a senior official of the Government of the Russian Federation, any individual who provides material or other support to a senior official of the Government of the Russian Federation or any person designated pursuant to the order.
Ukraine/Russia-related Sanctions: Executive Orders
- 13660—Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine (March 6, 2014)
- 13661—Blocking Property of Additional Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine (March 17, 2014)
- 13662—Blocking Property of Additional Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine (March 20, 2014)
- 13685—Blocking Property of Certain Persons and Prohibiting Certain Transactions with Respect to the Crimea Region of Ukraine (December 19, 2014)
Ukraine/Russia-related Sanctions: Statutes
- Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA), PL 115-44
- International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA), 50 U.S.C. §§ 1701-1706
- National Emergencies Act (NEA), 50 U.S.C. §§ 1601-1651
Ukraine/Russia-related Sanctions: Code of Federal Regulations
- 31 CFR Part 589—Ukraine-Related Sanctions Regulations
Ukraine/Russia-related Sanctions: Federal Register Notices
- 79 FR 26365-14—Issuance of regulations to implement Executive Order 13660, Executive Order 13661, and Executive Order 13662
Note: This information is provided for reference only.