Executive Order 13312 prohibits, subject to certain waiver authorities set forth in section 4(b) of the Act, the importation into, and exportation from, the United States of any rough diamonds, from whatever source, not controlled through the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme ("KPCS"). This means that shipments of rough diamonds between the United States and countries that do not participate in the KPCS generally are prohibited, and shipments between the United States and Participants are permitted only if they are "controlled through the KPCS".
Rough Diamond Trade Controls: Executive Orders
- 13312—Executive Order Implementing the Clean Diamond Trade Act (Effective Date- July 30, 2003)
Rough Diamond Trade Controls: Statutes
- Clean Diamond Trade Act, 19 U.S.C. §§ 3901-3913
- International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA), 50 U.S.C. §§ 1701-1706
- National Emergencies Act (NEA), 50 U.S.C. §§ 1601-1651
- Section 5 of the United Nations Participation Act of 1945 (UNPA), 22 U.S.C. § 287c
Rough Diamond Trade Controls: Code of Federal Regulations
- 31 CFR Part 592—Rough Diamonds Control Regulations
Rough Diamond Trade Controls: Federal Register Notices
- 73 FR 29433-08—Amendment to the requirements for the importation and exportation statistics
- 69 FR 56936-03—Revision to implement Executive Order 13312
Note: This information is provided for reference only.