Effective September 19, 2011, all transactions involving the Government of Libya, its agencies, instrumentalities, and controlled entities, and the Central Bank of Libya are authorized, subject to the following limitations: (1) all funds, including cash, securities, bank accounts, and investment accounts, and precious metals blocked pursuant to Executive Order 13566 of February 25, 2011, or the Libyan Sanctions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. part 570, as of September 19, 2011, remain blocked, except as provided in General License No. 7A, and (2) the transactions do not involve any persons listed on the Annex to this general license.
Libya Sanctions: Executive Orders
- 13726—Blocking Property and Suspending Entry into the United States of Persons Contributing to the Situation in Libya (April 19, 2016)
- 13566 Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related to Libya (Effective Date—February 25, 2011)
Libya Sanctions: Statutes
- International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA), 50 U.S.C. §§ 1701-1706
- National Emergencies Act (NEA), 50 U.S.C. §§ 1601-1651
Libya Sanctions: Code of Federal Regulations
- 31 CFR Part 570
Libya Sanctions: Federal Register Notices
- 76 FR 38562-11 Libyan Sanctions Regulations—Federal Register Notice
Note: This information is provided for reference only.