These sanctions block property and prohibit transactions with persons who commit, threaten to commit, or support terrorism. All property and interests in property of the foreign persons listed in the Annex to this order and persons determined by the Secretary of the Treasury; that are in the United States or that hereafter come within the United States, or that hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons are blocked.
While the Taliban emergency was terminated in March 2002, no dealings in any property pertaining to the Taliban are permitted.
Counter Terrorism Sanctions: Executive Orders
- 13372 Clarification of Certain Executive Orders Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions (February 16, 2005)
- 13268 Termination of Emergency With Respect to the Taliban and Amendment of Executive Order 13224 of September 23, 2001 (July 2, 2002)
- 13224 Blocking Property and Prohibiting Transactions With Persons Who Commit, Threaten To Commit, or Support Terrorism (Effective Date—September 24, 2001)
- 13099 Prohibiting Transactions With Terrorists Who Threaten To Disrupt the Middle East Peace Process (Effective Date—August 21, 1998)
- 12947 Prohibiting Transactions With Terrorists Who Threaten To Disrupt the Middle East Peace Process (January 23, 1995)
Counter Terrorism Sanctions: Statutes
- Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996 (AEDPA), 8 U.S.C. § 1189, 18 U.S.C. § 2339B
- International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA), 50 U.S.C. §§ 1701-1706
- National Emergencies Act (NEA), 50 U.S.C. §§ 1601-1651
- Section 5 of the United Nations Participation Act of 1945 (UNPA), 22 U.S.C. § 287c
Counter Terrorism Sanctions: Code of Federal Regulations
- 31 CFR Part 594—Global Terrorism Sanctions Regulations
- 31 CFR Part 595—Terrorism Sanctions Regulations
- 31 CFR Part 596—Terrorism List Governments Sanctions Regulations
- 31 CFR Part 597—Foreign Terrorist Organizations Sanctions Regulations
Counter Terrorism Sanctions: Federal Register Notices
- 71 FR 27199-06—Global Terrorism Sanctions Regulations; Terrorism Sanctions Regulations; Foreign Terrorist Organizations Sanctions Regulations—Revisions to authorize certain transactions with the Palestinian Authority
- 71 FR 29251-06—Revisions to IEEPA made by the Combating Terrorism Financing Act of 2005
- 71 FR 58742-06—Global Terrorism Sanctions Regulations; Terrorism Sanctions Regulations; Foreign Terrorist Organizations Sanctions Regulations—Amendment to authorize the donation of medical devices to the Palestinian Authority Ministry of Health
- 72 FR 4206-07—Global Terrorism Sanctions Regulations—Amendment to clarify and redefine terms
- 73 FR 78631-08—Global Terrorism Sanctions Regulations; Terrorism Sanctions Regulations; Foreign Terrorist Organizations Sanctions Regulations—Amendment to expand the scope of legal services
- 74 FR 23111-09—Terrorism List Governments Sanctions Regulations—Amendment to remove countries that are no longer designated as supporting terrorism
- 74 FR 61036-09—Global Terrorism Sanctions Regulations—Amendment to define the terms "financial, material, or technological support"
- 75 FR 75904-10—Amendments to Global Terrorism Sanctions Regulations and Terrorism Sanctions Regulations to expand the scope of authorizations in each of those programs for the provision of certain legal services
- 78 FR 38574-13—Technical Amendments to Counter-Terrorism Sanctions Regulations Implemented by OFAC
Counter Terrorism Sanctions: United Nations Security Council Resolutions
- 1526 (January 30, 2004)
Note: This information is provided for reference only.